AAIV is dedicated to providing quality programs and professional development to industry veterinarians. Explore industry careers through our webinar
series or networking programs.
“AAIV Presents” Webinar Series
“AAIV Presents” is a quarterly CE webinar series for veterinarians to learn about a variety of industry-relevant topics. Upcoming webinars include:
- Feb. 12, 2018 | 6 p.m. ET | “AAIV Presents: ORGANized Veterinary Medicine: The Eyes, Ears and Heart of the Profession”
Learn more about the series, and register to attend an upcoming webinar
AAIV encourages members to apply for volunteer positions
on AVMA councils, committees and task forces. Check back soon for 2018 opportunities.
For your reference, 2017 opportunities included the following:
- Animal Welfare Committee
- Clinical Practitioners Advisory Committee
- Committee on Disaster and Emergency Issues
- Council on Education Selection Committee
- Educational Commission on Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- Food Safety Advisory Committee
- Professional Liability Insurance Trust
- State Advocacy Committee
- Steering Committee on Human-Animal Interactions
Please note: The AVMA reimburses those who volunteer for authorized expenses only. Please refer to the specific council, committee or task force
description for more details. AAIV does not reimburse members for any expenses related to AVMA work and does not reimburse travel expenses for
AAIV board members.
AAIV hosts networking opportunities for veterinarians at conventions and conferences. Join us at an upcoming reception to:
- Mingle with your current or future industry veterinary colleagues
- Enjoy networking, hor d’ouevres, a hosted bar and door prizes
- Learn about the benefits of joining or renewing your AAIV membership
Upcoming networking receptions include:
Networking Reception and Annual Meeting at VMX 2018 in Orlando
Sunday, February 4 at 4:30 p.m. ET
Hyatt Regency | Silver Springs Room
Register for VMX Reception
Upcoming Professional Development Opportunities
In partnership with Kansas State University Olathe, AAIV is working to develop professional development programs for industry veterinarians.
Check back soon to learn more.
Professional Development Archive
AAIV members have exclusive access to past AVMA presentations and recordings of “AAIV Presents” webinars. Log in to your
member account to access these resources in your Member Toolbox.
Not an AAIV member? Join today
to access these valuable resources. Following is an archived presentation preview:
Preview: Veterinary, Inc. Corporate and Industry Careers
Presented July 22 at the AVMA 2017 Convention in Indianapolis
Debra Nickelson, DVM, MBA, secretary, AAIV, discusses the benefits and challenges of
working as a veterinarian in industry. She shares practical tips, compensation data, and
examples of industry veterinarian career paths. Download her presentation preview